Spiritual Awakening Or Just Running Away From Yourself?


“Spiritual awakening” has become a trend.


You see it everywhere now:videos, posts, reels.

They list symptoms like a checklist:


  • Loss of interest in job
  • Feeling disconnected from people
  • Not wanting to talk about “worldly things”
  • Wanting to leave everything behind


And then the conclusion:


“You are spiritually awakening.”


Sounds powerful. Sounds meaningful.

But let me ask you something honestly


Is it awakening… or confusion?



A) The Comfort of a Label


The word spiritual awakening has become a very convenient label.


When life becomes uncomfortable,

when we feel lost, tired, or overwhelmed,

this label gives us a story:


“I am not struggling… I am awakening.”


It feels better than saying:


  • “I don’t know how to handle pressure”
  • “I don’t know how to set boundaries”
  • “I don’t understand myself yet”



So we pick the more beautiful explanation.


But a beautiful lie is still a lie.



B)My Own “Awakening” Story 😂


Let me be very honest I’ve done this too.


Early in my career, I was overwhelmed.


I had to handle many people from different countries.

I had to multitask constantly.

On top of that, some seniors left, so their responsibilities came to me.


I didn’t know how to say no.


Because in my mind:

  • Good people say yes
  • Kind people help
  • Spiritual people don’t reject others


So I kept saying yes…

and slowly, I was draining myself.


I was getting tired. Frustrated. Lost.


Then I came across those “spiritual awakening” posts.


They said:


“Loss of interest in work is a sign of awakening.”


And I thought:


“That’s it. I’m spiritually awakening.”


Looking back?


Honestly…


How stupid I was.


C) What Was Actually Happening

It was not awakening.


It was this:

  • I didn’t understand my limits
  • I didn’t know how to set boundaries
  • I didn’t know I could say no
  • I didn’t understand my working style
  • I didn’t have the skills to manage pressure


Multitasking was draining me.

People-pleasing was draining me.


But instead of learning and adjusting,

I escaped into a concept.


D) Realisation Came Later

Years later, I understood something very simple:

  • I work better when I focus on one thing
  • I can say: “Let me finish this first”
  • Work is a two way agreement
  • I am not a slave just because I am being paid


And most importantly:


I am allowed to define how I function.


That clarity didn’t come from “awakening.”


It came from seeing reality properly.



E) So What Is “Spiritual Awakening” Really?


Let’s strip the drama away.


What people call “spiritual awakening” is usually this:


A phase where you start asking:


  • Why am I living like this?
  • Who taught me to behave this way?
  • What am I agreeing to without awareness?
  • What actually makes me satisfied?
  • Who am I without these patterns?


It’s not mystical.


It’s not magical.


It’s awareness of your own conditioning.



F)The Dangerous Side of This Trend

Here’s the problem with this trend:


People start to believe:


  • “I don’t need worldly skills”
  • “I don’t need to work”
  • “I don’t need responsibilities”
  • “I just want to search for God”


But think about this—


You are in a human body.

Living a human life.

In a structured world.


If your job requires skill → develop the skill.

If your environment requires communication → learn to communicate.

If something is not working → change the way you engage.


Not escape.


G) Awakening Is Not Withdrawal


Leaving everything is not awakening.


Avoiding people is not awakening.


Not learning skills is not awakening.


That is avoidance.


True clarity makes you more capable, not less.


It makes you:


  • More responsible
  • More aware
  • More grounded
  • More precise in your actions


H) Life Is Not Two Separate Paths


There is no such thing as:


  • “Spiritual life”
  • “Worldly life”


Life is just life.


The moment you divide it,

you create illusion.


You don’t become “higher” by rejecting life.


You become wiser by understanding how to live it properly.

A Simple Truth ♥️


If you need to talk to management → talk.

If you need boundaries → set them.

If you need skill → learn it.

If something doesn’t suit you → change your approach or leave consciously.


Not because:


“I am awakening.”


But because:


“I understand myself better now.”


Final Thought

Nothing is going to suddenly descend into your mind and change your life.


No light.

No voice.

No mystical signal.


What changes your life is this:


Clear seeing. Honest questioning. Practical action.


That’s all.


And that is more powerful than any label.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Calling It “Spiritual” ! Just Live

Walking My Path, Honoring Yours