My Love For All Remains The Same

 As I was growing up, I saw everyone as my own. I didn’t know who was “blood” and who wasn’t . I simply wanted to talk to everyone I met. Even elders felt like friends to me. Sometimes that was mistaken as disrespect, and I slowly learned to tone down my voice.


Over time, I shrank. I couldn’t openly express my love and affection the way I once did, because everyone had to face their own struggle, and our expectations didn’t always match. Somewhere along the way, I began to hold back thinking my love might feel too much, or my presence might come at the wrong time. The silence that replaced it hurt me deeply.


Occasionally, I saw the dark side of myself  moments when I hated someone from that same space of love, because of the things I went through. The pain, misunderstandings, and exhaustion had built quiet walls inside me, and sometimes that heaviness spoke louder than my heart. Looking back, I see that those reactions came from a space of unclarified self  a place in me that hadn’t yet learned how to transform pain into understanding.


I would withdraw and cry quietly because what I felt inside and how I behaved outside were not the same.


I have always had a large circle the family I was born into and the family I met along the way. Despite everything, this life has given me good people souls who showed up, stayed for a season or a lifetime, and helped me see myself in new ways. For me, it feels almost illegal to see non blood related people as “not my own.” Some I lost contact with, some I had to disconnect from, and others chose to stay away. A few I let go to prevent things from turning ugly.


Yet, through it all, my wish remains the same that everyone experiences this life to its fullest. I have tried to be there for people whenever they needed me, though I know I didn’t always manage to. Still, even if my gestures went unnoticed, I always prayed silently for them.


If my actions or silence ever hurt anyone, I am truly sorry. Sometimes I stay at a distance because I fear getting too close might make others uncomfortable. But the truth is my love for all remains the same.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spiritual Awakening Or Just Running Away From Yourself?

Stop Calling It “Spiritual” ! Just Live

Walking My Path, Honoring Yours